15 August 2006

Reader poll!

I'm getting my suitcase ready for our trip and have discovered that the empty space I had reserved for reading material is now occupied by the 5-meter inflatable plastic dolphin Wife packs each year and has subsequently been ignored by Daughter in several beautiful sunny locations throughout Europe. There's room for only 1 more book, so you, Readers 1 and 2, plus a tiebreaker visitor, will decide what I take.

Already tucked away is John Steinbeck's "The Log from the Sea of Cortez" and two back issues of New Scientist. Your job is to submit a comment, voting for either

- A: Scar Tissue, the autobiography of Anthony Kiedis (frontman of the Red Hot Chili Peppers)
or
- B: Roughing It, by Mark Twain (his adventures while roaming the American West as far as Hawaii

I will announce the results at 3:00 a.m. CET before I zip up my bag. Note that both books are roughly the same weight and size, so as not to sway your decision.

1 Comments:

At 15 August, 2006 18:01, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Twain.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home