18 September 2006

Google Earth is amazing

The Huangyangtan mystery gets even more perplexing. I decided that I had been spending too much time trawling China for interesting things, so I decided to check out some non-China parts of the world. Browsing around New York, I found that the most recent photos of Central Park revealed something that caused my eyeballs to pop out and roll around on the keyboard. After retrieving them, I decided to post this and let you see for yourself: a replica of the replica. Yes, right there in the middle of the Big Apple is another scale model of Aksai Chin!


Another scale model landscape, this one in Central Park!



The full-size version is here:
http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=246406347&size=o

If you happen to live in New York City, please walk out to the south end of the park and let me know how the landscape looks in person. Wow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home